11 Business Networking Tips and Tricks
Source Article: https://www.thebalance.com/business-networking-tips-2948378
1. When you arrive at a networking event, avoid gravitating to people you know. You should initially thank the host and then immediately find someone new to introduce yourself to. This will help keep you in the right frame of mind as to why you came.
2. Stop selling and start listening! When you meet someone for the first time, use it as an opportunity to get to know them. Don’t try to sell them anything. Rather, begin to establish a relationship. For more information on how to be a good listener see Speak For Success – Listening.
3. Keep your business cards in the breast pocket of your coat, a shirt pocket, or in an outside pocket of your purse so they are easy to access and in good condition (see 7 Reasons You Still Need Business Cards). The same with your mobile phone – if the other party has a compatible device you can exchange contact info instantly via apps such as AirDrop for iOS.
4. When giving a person your card, personalize it by hand writing a note or additional contact information on it. This will cause the recipient to feel that they are receiving something special.
5. When giving or receiving a business card, be especially careful when dealing with people from outside North America as many cultures treat them with very high regard.
(In many countries in Asia the exchange of business cards is an important ritual, for instance.)
For more Business Networking Tips and Tricks click here: https://www.thebalance.com/business-networking-tips-2948378